There are 10 different kinds of drugs: Antidepressants, Barbiturates, Cannabis, Depressants, Hallucinogens, Inhalants, Narcotics, Steroids, Stimulants, and Tobacco.
- Antidepressants are psychiatric medication to control mood disorders, such as major depressions and dysthymia and anxiety disorders. Antidepressants are not illegal however they are illegal if it is not prescribed.
- Barbiturates are drugs that act as a central nervous system depressants. They have wide range of effects from mild sedation to anesthesia. As same as antidepressants, barbiturates are legal if prescribed by a doctor. If not, it is illegal.
- Cannabis is a genus of a flowering plant. It is highly associated with marijuana or hash. It is also used for medical use, recreation use, and religious use. Cannabis can cause mind to relax and also give side effects called munchies, which makes you hungry. However it can also lead to lose coordination and sometimes result in pain and aggression. Even though not all cannabis families are illegal, marijuana specifically is illegal in almost all countries around the world. There are more than 1000 of cannabis strains.
- Depressants are types of drugs that reduces the function of the central nervous system. There are also common depressants such as alcohol and heroin. They are illegal if not prescribed. The primary effect of the drug is that it makes you relax and reduce tension in your body.
- Hallucinogens are drugs that produces sensory hallucinations involving any five senses. It also produces different perceptions, way of thinking, and feelings. It changes your way of thinking about the world and people. Hallucinogens are illegal and some of the examples are "magic mushrooms" and "ketamine"
- Inhalants refer to a group of drugs that are inhaled through a form of gas or a solvent. Inhalants are dangerous because it can basically be found in any household or it is very easy to be in contact. Examples are paint thinner, nail polisher, spray paint, dry cleaning fluid, and more. People say that inhalants give pleasurable feelings, however you can lose coordination, become confused, and make bad decisions. Inhalants are probably one of the easiest substances you can find but one of the most dangerous drugs.
- Narcotics refer to any illicit substance. It technically means any substance derived from opium or any synthetic replacements. Even though prescribed narcotics can lead to treating pain, anxiety, and aggression. However sometimes these prescribed drugs can lead to great addiction, which is called prescription pill abuse. The side effects that harm you are increase of toxicity in your body. Which will cause you to lose motor coordination and slur your speeches. Some of the examples of narcotics are opium, heroin, morphine, and cocaine, which are all highly illegal drugs.
- Steroids are injection or consumed drugs that cause in build of muscle mass and strengths. Steroids which contain male sex hormones can cause a lot of damage in body when it is not prescribed. Steroids are illegal, however it is commonly used by body builders or sports players to enhance their performance. Also since steroids are injected if can cause skin problems when the needle is not cleaned.
- Stimulants are class of drugs that boost alertness and increases the activity of the central nervous system. Stimulants destroys your brain and your neuron transmitters defunct. Some examples of stimulants are amphetamines, methamphetamine, cocaine, and nicotine. Stimulants are illegal drugs.
- Smoked in the form of cigarette or chewed. Tobacco is a stimulant and it is highly addictive. The substance is known to cause lung cancer and other diseases. Nicotine which is the main substance in tobacco effects the brain by increasing the amount of chemical called dopamine. There is more strain put in the heart when one smokes cigarette which causes hardship of breathing. Smokers also have bad breath, stained teeth and fingers, and their body cells have lower resistance to colds or flus. A sense of smell or a sense of taste of a smoker are less sensitive then a non smoker. However tobacco is not illegal and it is common. Tobacco is legal because it has been around for more than 5000 thousand years and it is hard to just suddenly stop the production of tobacco.